What is it?
The BIOMOD Jamboree is an annual conference at which all BIOMOD teams will convene to present their work from the summer. This year’s Jamboree is scheduled to take place in Genentech Hall at UCSF in San Francisco, CA starting on October 26, 2019.
Judging and Awards
Teams will be judged according to criteria posted here.
The official hotel of BIOMOD 2019 is the Marriott Marquis located at 780 Mission Street (at 4th Street) in downtown San Francisco. We were able to secure a group rate of $199 US per night for up to quad occupancy. Reservations can be made here: https://book.passkey.com/e/49883811
There are a small number of rooms available for early check-in and/or late check-out. If you think you will need extra days in the hotel, it is advised that you make your reservations immediately.
Our room block closes on October 1. All room reservations must be made by this date in order to secure the group rate of $199 US.
- May 1: Jamboree Registration Opens
- July 1: Teams outside the United States should apply for visas by July 1, 2019.
- September 20: Registration deadline to attend the Jamboree
- September 30: Each team must submit a project title and abstract (150 words max)
- October 19: Team wiki freeze and video upload deadline. 11:59PM GMT-7 (Pacific time)
- October 25: Check into hotel (after 15:00)
- October 26: Jamboree Begins (8:00)
- October 27: Check out of hotel (before 11:00)
- October 27: Jamboree Ends (probably around 17:00)
Download the BIOMOD 2018 QuickGuide (PDF).
You can also download a single-page: BIOMOD 2018 Schedule