What is it?
The BIOMOD Jamboree is an annual conference at which all BIOMOD teams will convene to present their work from the summer. This year’s Jamboree is scheduled to take place in Genentech Hall at UCSF in San Francisco, CA starting on November 4, 2017.
Judging and Awards
Teams will be judged according to criteria posted here.
The official hotel of BIOMOD 2017 is the Hotel Zelos in San Francisco. BIOMOD is pleased to once again be able to offer a lodging credit in the amount of $500 per team for those teams staying at the Hotel Zelos. This credit will be applied to your final hotel bill at checkout. Attendees must report hotel information when completing their individual registration information to qualify for this credit.
Hotel bookings may be made at Hotel Zelos - BIOMOD 2017 - November 3 and 4.
The room block covers the nights of November 3 and 4 only. If you are arriving earlier, please complete your booking for these two nights, and then email Rebecca Wheeler with your confirmation number and your preferred check-in date. She will then be able to alter your reservation accordingly. There are a limited number of rooms available for early arrivals at the group rate of $239 per night so please book as soon as possible. The hotel is not able to offer the group rate for stays beyond November 4.
Reservations must be made by September 18, 2017 to receive the discounted group rate and the BIOMOD room credit.
- April 27: Jamboree Registration Opens
- July 1: Teams outside the United States should apply for visas by July 1, 2017.
- September 25: Registration deadline to attend the Jamboree
- October 2: Each team must submit a project title and abstract (150 words max)
- October 27: Team wiki freeze and video upload deadline. 11:59PM GMT-7 (Pacific time)
- November 3: Check into hotel (after 15:00)
- November 4: Jamboree Begins (8:00)
- November 5: Check out of hotel (before 11:00)
- November 5: Jamboree Ends (probably around 17:00)