October 18, 2019
Please RSVP for Sunday’s lunch
The BIOMOD 2019 Jamboree is nearly here!
While everyone is certainly busy putting the finishing touches on their projects and presentations, we’d like to ask that you join us for the post-Jamboree lunch social at the nearby Spark Social SF. We have booked the venue for our private event, and a free meal ticket will be provided.
Please RSVP using this link if you have not yet done so.
July 15, 2019
Call for Participation ~ BIOMOD JAPAN 2019
This is a one-day meeting for teams who want to practice their presentation ahead of BIOMOD Jamboree. Please use this opportunity to brush up your project by receiving feedback from other team mentors. Teams planning to participate in BIOMOD 2019 or teams in the waiting list for BIOMOD 2019 are all eligible. The participation fee is totally free.
- Date: August 31, 2019 (Saturday)
- Time: 14:30-17:40 (not fixed)
- Location: Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo
- Room: Presentation room, S building
- Sponsorship : The SICE research committee for Intelligent Molecular Robotics
- Co-sponsorship : SIG Molecular Robotics Ethics, JST
- Co-sponsorship : Applied Microfluidic Systems Lab, The University of Tokyo
- 19th of July, Friday: Entry due
- 17th of August, Saturday, 23:59 : Abstract due
- 24th of August, Saturday, 23:59 : Webpage due
The following information must be sent to Kawamata before the deadline, at the mail address: kawamata[at]molbot.mech.tohoku.ac.jp
- Name of the team
- Name and mail address of the student leader
- Name and mail address of the faculty mentor
- Name and mail address of the graduate student mentor (if any)
- Special requests (for example, desired order of presentation, if you have some unavoidable reason such as travel restrictions)
Send an English-language abstract to Kawamata before the deadline of August 17th. The maximum length is 150 words.
Send the URL of webpage to Kawamata before the deadline of August 24th, and do not make any edits after that.
Each team will have 25 minute for their presentation, including question and answer (Q&A). The breakdown is 10 minutes of presentation, 14 minutes of question and answer, 1 minute for changing.
Judges send their scores of the webpage to Kawamata before 30th of August (Friday).
Judges send their scores of the oral presentation to Kawamata during the break after the presentation on 31st of August (Saturday).
Judges use the same point system of BIOMOD competition to evaluate the webpage and the oral presentation. See biomod.net/judging/
Japanese teams are eligible for travel award depending on their ranking.
- 1st place : flight cost of around three students
- 2nd place : flight cost of around two students
- 3rd place : flight cost of around one student
- 4th place : flight cost of around one student
Note that there is an upper limit and conditions.
- Program organizer: Ibuki Kawamata kawamata[at]molbot.mech.tohoku.ac.jp
- Local organizer: Shu Okumura, Anthony Genot
- Website: http://www.molecular-robotics.org/2019/07/biomod-japan-2019/
February 14, 2019
Hello BIOMODders! It’s time to kick off the 9th (!) year of our nano-sized design competition.
Registration & Fees
Update: The registration form can be found at this url. We will update remaining team slots as registrations come in, usually it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for us to sell out, so register early!
A fee of $275 USD is due at the time of team registration, payable by credit card or wire transfer. This year’s individual Jamboree registration fee will be $200 USD per person, due in late September along with your project title and abstract. Registrations are only considered complete when payment is received and a confirmation email is sent.
Available Team Slots and Wait List
The BIOMOD Jamboree is a special event, and we want all participants to be able to present in the same room, and have a chance to interact. This intimate format necessarily constrains our event size and duration. Therefore, we are limiting registration to a maximum of 25 teams this year. We will post regular updates on the BIOMOD website and social media accounts so everyone can track how many slots are left. If we reach the maximum number of teams before March 31st, we will close registration early, and open a wait list. Teams on the wait list may have the option to register early for BIOMOD 2020.
The Jamboree will take place October 25–27 in San Francisco, California and be hosted at the UCSF Mission Bay campus. We can offer discounted hotel rates to registered teams…more details to come.
November 01, 2018
Check out the 2018 BIOMOD Final Standings! Congratulations to all the teams who participated, as well as Team Sendai for taking home the Grand Prize!
October 25, 2018
The 2018 BIOMOD Jamboree is this weekend! Here is the QuickGuide which includes the full schedule: