BIOMOD Japan 2019
15 Jul 2019
Call for Participation ~ BIOMOD JAPAN 2019
This is a one-day meeting for teams who want to practice their presentation ahead of BIOMOD Jamboree. Please use this opportunity to brush up your project by receiving feedback from other team mentors. Teams planning to participate in BIOMOD 2019 or teams in the waiting list for BIOMOD 2019 are all eligible. The participation fee is totally free.
- Date: August 31, 2019 (Saturday)
- Time: 14:30-17:40 (not fixed)
- Location: Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo
- Room: Presentation room, S building
- Sponsorship : The SICE research committee for Intelligent Molecular Robotics
- Co-sponsorship : SIG Molecular Robotics Ethics, JST
- Co-sponsorship : Applied Microfluidic Systems Lab, The University of Tokyo
- 19th of July, Friday: Entry due
- 17th of August, Saturday, 23:59 : Abstract due
- 24th of August, Saturday, 23:59 : Webpage due
The following information must be sent to Kawamata before the deadline, at the mail address: kawamata[at]molbot.mech.tohoku.ac.jp
- Name of the team
- Name and mail address of the student leader
- Name and mail address of the faculty mentor
- Name and mail address of the graduate student mentor (if any)
- Special requests (for example, desired order of presentation, if you have some unavoidable reason such as travel restrictions)
Send an English-language abstract to Kawamata before the deadline of August 17th. The maximum length is 150 words.
Send the URL of webpage to Kawamata before the deadline of August 24th, and do not make any edits after that.
Each team will have 25 minute for their presentation, including question and answer (Q&A). The breakdown is 10 minutes of presentation, 14 minutes of question and answer, 1 minute for changing.
Judges send their scores of the webpage to Kawamata before 30th of August (Friday).
Judges send their scores of the oral presentation to Kawamata during the break after the presentation on 31st of August (Saturday).
Judges use the same point system of BIOMOD competition to evaluate the webpage and the oral presentation. See biomod.net/judging/
Japanese teams are eligible for travel award depending on their ranking.
- 1st place : flight cost of around three students
- 2nd place : flight cost of around two students
- 3rd place : flight cost of around one student
- 4th place : flight cost of around one student
Note that there is an upper limit and conditions.
- Program organizer: Ibuki Kawamata kawamata[at]molbot.mech.tohoku.ac.jp
- Local organizer: Shu Okumura, Anthony Genot
- Website: http://www.molecular-robotics.org/2019/07/biomod-japan-2019/