Visa Information

Visa Waiver Program

The Department of State created the Visa Waiver Program to allow citizens of certain countries to enter the United States for a brief visit without obtaining a B-1/B-2 visa stamp at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy abroad.

Effective January 10, 2010, international visitors to the U.S. from Visa Waiver Program countries are required to apply for travel authorization online at the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ETSA). Visa Waiver Program travelers who have not obtained approval through ETSA should expect to be denied boarding on any carrier bound for the United States. ETSA applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel.

Visitor Visas

Students residing in countries that are not part of the Visa Waiver Program should apply for a B-1 Business Visitor Visa (not B-2) in order to be allowed to present at the Jamboree. Visit the U.S. Department of State website for more information about how to apply.

Some consulates may have backlogs in scheduling visa interviews. Click here to find the current visitor visa appointment wait times for your city.

Keep up with BIOMOD events and updates via our newsletter!